What do our customers say about our events?
Who’s talking about cycleWELL?
DAY 1 – Thursday 18 NOVEMBER 2021
Arrive at Accommodation in Bright – Bright Velo Hotel.
Get your room sorted and car unpacked, and meet Ash and his team.
ACTIVITIES FOR DAY 1 INCLUDE:
Basic Bike Maintenance Session and Bike Check
- Get the basics of bike maintenance right and you can save a lot of time and money right! In this workshop we’ll have a local mechanic check that everyones bike has made the trip OK and take the group through all the basics in maintenance and keeping your bike clean and safe.
Meet’N’Greet Drinks and BBQ
Story of cycleWELL and the Itinerary for the weekend
Introduction to BeWell Co
- BeWell Co Story
- What is mental health and what is mental wellbeing?
- Why are you here?
DAY 2 – Friday 19 NOVEMBER 2021
7 AM START
ACTIVITIES FOR DAY 2 INCLUDE:
Group Ride (approx 3 hours including coffee)
BeWell Plan Session 1
- A mindset for change – fixed v growth mindset.
- How to build wellbeing.
- Starting your BeWell Plan with mindfulness.
Group Personal Training Session
- Join Geoff for a group PT session and some basic fitness advice. Depending on the fitness level of the group – and the weather conditions – this could be anything from a HIT bodyweight session at base camp, to a bush walk with a few HIT intervals mixed in to a weights session at the Bright Gym.
- We’ll practice our mindfulness skill development with a guided meditation. This is a great way to bookend your day – so we’ll either do it first thing in the morning or at the end of the off-the-bike workshops.
Dinner and Beer Tasting – at Bright Brewery
- Always a favourite at our events! We’ll enjoy a great meal and a selection of some of Victoria’s best locally brewed beers. Kick back, relax, have a laugh and enjoy the famous hospitality of the crew at the Bright Brewery.
DAY 3 – Saturday 20 NOVEMBER 2021
7 AM START
ACTIVITIES FOR DAY 3 INCLUDE:
Group Ride (Mt Buffalo! Approx 4 hours inc coffee)
Lunch at Porepunkah Pub
- What better way to celebrate and re-live the highs of climbing (and descending!) the beautiful Mt Buffalo than to stop off for lunch and a couple of beers at Pawpunkah Pub! No more needs to be said about this little ripper of a social event…
BeWell Plan (Session 2)
- Building mental health.
- Your Psychological wellbeing profile and tracking it with the ‘BeWell Tracker Smartphone App’.
- What do you want to work on? (Stress, Mood, Anxiety, Resilience, Health, Wellbeing)
- Building your personalised BeWell Plan.
Mens Health Presentation and Q&A
- There is a genuine mens mental and physical health crisis in Australia. The government acknowledges it and the statistics around mens health are simply undeniable.
- Do you know your family risks of heart disease, cancer and mental illness?
- Do you know your current vital indicators around cholesterol, blood pressure, BMI? Did you know you can get a free heart health check through Medicare?
- Do you know how to access a free Mental Health Care Plan through Medicare?
- Have you had your prostate checked?
- Do you know what effect alcohol can have on general health and on your erectile function?
- Dave – our Mens Health Nursing Practitioner – answers all these questions and more in this often hilarious and always engaging and insightful workshop.
DAY 4 – Sunday 21 NOVEMBER 2021
7 AM START
ACTIVITIES FOR DAY 4 INCLUDE:
Group Ride – recovery ride! (approx 3 hours, inc coffee. Nice and easy)
BeWell Plan Wrap-Up and Next Steps
- An invite to keep working on your BeWell Plan when you leave the Event.
- Summary of what you’ve learned and future-proofing your BeWell Plan
Event will finish at approx 1pm.